Whether it is a pandemic like the Corona or any other fear in life, living the resurrected lifestyle is about living the higher life.
When we were unsaved, we did whatever we willed. We had our own sense of right and wrong. Now in Christ, we seek the will of God. We are called to do the Father’s will.
In Hebrews 10:9, we read about Jesus, he came to do the will of God. We are to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and do the Father’s will.
Even concerning Mary, His earthly mother, Jesus made it clear that she had to be doing the will of God in order to be called ‘mother’.
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother. (Mark 3:35)
Those who do the will of God, in accordance to the Word of God, will abide eternally with God.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever. (1 John 2:17)
What is the will of God?
I’ve listed five direct verses on doing the will of God for reference.
- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18) (Psalms 69:30) – Thank God every day for all you have; be a prayer warrior.
- For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: (1 Thessalonians 4:3) – Holiness is critical to keeping yourself until the day of Christ.
- For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. (1 Peter 3:17) (1 Peter 4:19) – Count all suffering for Christ a joy.
- That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. (1Peter 4:2) – Walk in the renewed state of mind and a new heart transformed by the Spirit of God. Be spiritually minded.
- For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: (1 Peter 2:15) – Give your best, do all as if you are doing to Him.
How should the will of God be implemented?
Not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; (Ephesians 6:6)
Who can do the will of God?
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)
A true worshippers prayer is heard by God (John 9:5).
Many reveal a zeal for God, but not according to the word of God (Romans 10:2). Religious, who are still walking in hypocrisy, forgetting the weightier matters of the law.
The resurrected lifestyle is found only in Jesus. It is established in Love. The love on the cross, the victory over sin, sickness, fear and death. Let us walk in the way, the truth and the life, Jesus is. In all humility and fear of the Lord.