I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalms 16:8
In the last post we had been looking into the 7 groups of people who always keep the Lord before them! You can find it here. Now moving on to the second part of this discussion:
3. The Righteous – Scripture says, … There is none righteous, no, not one: Romans 3:10. Why? For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. If then, how do we become righteous?
We become righteous through the Blood of Jesus by faith. Romans 3:22,25. Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness. The righteous will always keep the Lord before them!
4. Meek and Faithful – About Moses it is mentioned that he was very meek, above all the men which were on the face of the earth. Numbers 12:3. God also testified that Moses was faithful in all his house. Numbers 12:7.
Jesus said, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:29. Only those who are meek can be faithful because they are willing to obey. Hebrews 3:5,6. They will also keep the Lord before them, always!
5. They that offer sacrifice – After offering the sacrifice in Gibeon, the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. 1 Kings 3:5.
In the New Testament, there is no greater sacrifice than the sacrifice of Jesus. His is the ultimate sacrifice. So then what sacrifice should we be offering?
- Sacrifice of Thanksgiving – Psalms 107:22
- Offering our bodies as a Living sacrifice – Romans 12:1
- Broken and a contrite heart – Psalms 51:17
- Doing good and to communicate with one another – Hebrews 13:16.
6. Those who live faith life – Abraham lived a life of faith. When God promised him a son, Abraham believed it and it was counted as righteousness to him. He was 75 years then. However Abraham had to wait for 25 long years for this promise to be fulfilled.
What is faith? Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1. It also means to trust in the Lord with all our heart and not lean on our own understanding. Those who live a life of faith will always keep the Lord before them.
7. Those who are willing to serve God – This refers to serving God by being purely Spirit led. Serving God out of our own passions won’t bring glory to God. It will only please our self.
For example, when St.Paul and Silas were traveling through the region of Galatia, the Holy Spirit forbade them to preach the Word of God there. They went to a few other places but did not receive any leading to share theWord. But after they came to Troas, St.Paul received a vision of Aman from Macedonia to share God’s Word with them. That’s when both left Troas and went ahead as per the Spirit’s leading. Acts 16:6-9.
Hence, along with David let us also set the Lord before us always! By doing so we will never be moved!!
Be blessed 💕