Favour is deceitful and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Intelligence with beauty is a great combination!! There are many terms in the English dictionary to classify them. For such women the strength lies in her wisdom and features – the way she handles different aspects and situations in her life. Nothing wrong with that!
But a woman who honours God and keeps Him first in her life stands apart from the rest of her clan. There will always be something different about her. People will definitely notice her because it’s the Lord who leads her.
This woman does not rely on her own wisdom or looks. She knows that without God’s help she isn’t able to do any good – to all those connected with her life. It’s true that the woman who has the fear of God will be praised.
The Bible is filled with women who performed great acts yet remained faithful where God placed them. A few examples are:
- Esther – Bold, courageous, stood for the truth, even if it meant to sacrifice her life. In your workplace, use your position for a purpose.
- Ruth – loyal in relationships, didn’t quit when things got tough.
- Lydia – Generous, joy in sharing.
- Hannah – Prayed ceaselessly.
- Mary – Humble and submissive.
- Abigail – Used her wisdom in turning bad for good.
- Rebekah – she was beautiful from within. Her husband was drawn towards her character.
- Sarah – trusted and believed against odds. With God nothing is impossible.
What amazing characters these are!! They sure had to face tough times – the wars, famines, hardships they had to go through. Nevertheless the trust they had on their Saviour during those difficult times is what made them stand out.
To all my beautiful sisters in Christ out there – Be a blessing wherever you’ve been placed! The God Almighty has made you as a help meet – for your husband, your family, your church, your workplace, your neighbourhood and everywhere else you go. You are called for mighty things. Begin everything with prayer and ask God to use you for His glory!!