“Christians” are falling away in huge numbers. Why is this happening?
Those who seek anyone or anything above what is found in Jesus will find themselves in various lusts.
Some of the reasons for this falling away into spiritual and literal whoredom is because of;
- Ignorance (1 Peter 1:14): those who walk in their old culture and traditions without seeking the knowledge of God.
- No fear of God (Proverbs 1:7): those who lived foolishly, ignoring doctrine, correction, rebuke and instruction in righteousness
- Wilful ignorance (Romans 1:21-24): choosing to do their own will rather than doing god’s will, having known God.
- Love the world and the things of the world (1 John 2:15,16): those who do not have Jesus as their number one Love.
- Think they are poor (1 Timothy 6:9) (Mark 4:19): those who have enough materially but pursue the riches of the earth
- Disobedient (Romans 6:12) (Titus 3:3): those who are found continually sinning
- Sensual, not spiritual (Jude 17-19): those given to carnal feelings rather than the power of the word of God
As believers we do not lack love because our hearts are shed abroad with love from the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). The day we received Jesus as our personal Saviour, we experienced a love that surpassed all human love.
The Anointing Keeps Us From Falling
The baptism of the Holy Spirit ensures the constant supply everyday as we preserve our walk in Him. When we give room for the anointing of God daily, He refreshes and renews us. The only way to keep yourself from falling is a diligent prayer-life and meditating on the Word of God. Two nonstop action items that can be enjoyed only when we truly love God.
The love from God is pure, peaceable, gentle, more than we can ask or think. Look up, your redemptions drawing near.
Maranatha, Praise God and Amen!