What does it require to see God?
We need to have a pure heart (Matthew 5:8). Without holiness no man can see God (Hebrews 12:14). God is Holy and He desires we be Holy.
We love the idea of purity, but fail to preserve it in our lives because of holding onto the people and things of this world. When God isn’t first, we will not be able to keep the purity required to receive from Him.
How does keeping a pure heart effect our lives?
1. God’s Love flows into and out of a pure heart (1 Timothy 1:5)
2. Faith is preserved (1 Timothy 3:9)
3. The decision for water baptism and the wilful surrender in obedience to God’s word (Hebrews 10:22)
4. We do good works according to God’s will (James 1:27)
5. We receive the will and desire to do of Gods good pleasure requires. (Philippians 2:13-15)
There is nothing we can do of our own. God will do everything for us, as long as we are abiding in Jesus. In order for God to do so, we must be fully surrendered to do His perfect will. When we abide in Christ, the Triune God abides in us. What a privilege!!
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:3-5)
Maranatha, praise God and amen.