1. God chastens us to reveal His abundant mercy towards us. Look at what God tells David even before his son Solomon was born — I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 2 Samuel 7:14-15.
2. God chastens us to bring us back to the right place. Our sorrows are proof that He hasn’t given up on us, and that there is still hope for entering the kingdom of God. Proverbs 19:18.
3. His chastening reveals His love towards us. The Laodicean Church was found in a lukewarm state, yet, we see God warning them to come back to their former state. Revelation 3:19. Reveals His unending love towards man. Proverbs 13:24.
4. Chastisement helps us become His sons. If we aren’t chastised then we are bastards, that is, illegitimate. Hebrews 12:8. God desires to have a father-son relationship with us. Just like any parent/shepherd, who would not want their children/flock to perish in anyway, God as well keeps us with His rod and staff; protected.
OUR PAIN IS HIS PAIN. OUR TEARS HIS TEARS AS WELL!!
5. When we are chastised, we may die, but second death will not have power over us. Psalms 118:18. ‘Second death’ refers to being cast away into eternal hellfire. But when God chastens us for eg. through sickness, even if we may die physically, we’ll be with Him in heaven.
6. He chastises us to be partakers of His holiness. Hebrews 12:9,10. Our shame helps us come back to God, to His divine natures.
7. So that we are not judged with the world, the Lord chastises us. 1 Corinthians 11:32.
Be blessed 💕