When God separated Abraham from his father’s house, He separated him with a great purpose in mind. God promised Abraham that He would make of him a great nation, bless him and make his name great; and that he would be a blessing. Genesis 12:2. God foresaw Issac, Jacob and the Israelites in Abraham way beforehand.
Blessed(happy) is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. Psalms 33:12
Thereafter, we see Abraham walking uprightly with God and becoming the Friend of God. You know why? Because he fully believed on the Lord who called him out and brought him forth. And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. James 2:23. God blessed Abraham throughout his life and fulfilled every promise made to him. Abraham acquired the blessed experience of being a blessed man by making the Lord God his own.
How can we be blessed (happy)?
Indeed..!! God greatly desires that each of us be blessed and remain in that state, for as long as His breath remains in us! At the same time, every individual person also desires to be blessed in their lives as well, isn’t it? Therefore, in order to be blessed by God there are certain things we need to do.
I want to share a few pointers from the Scripture on how we can be blessed!
- When we live a life of separation — How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! Psalms 1:1 NASB.
- When our transgressions are forgiven — Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalms 32:1.
- When we make the Lord God our own — Happy is the nation whose God is the LORD; happy are the people he has chosen for his own. Psalms 33:12 GNB
- When we trust in God — Blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the man who makes the LORD his trust, And does not regard the proud nor those who lapse into lies. Psalms 40:4 AMP
- When we consider the helpless — Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. Psalms 41:1.
- When God chooses us to come to Him — Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. Psalms 65:4.
- When we are chastened by God — Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; Psalms 94:12.
- When we seek God wholeheartedly — Happy are those who follow his commands, who obey him with all their heart. Psalm 119:2 GNT.
- When we live in the fear of God — Blessed [happy and sheltered by God’s favor] is everyone who fears the LORD [and worships Him with obedience], Who walks in His ways and lives according to His commandments. Psalms 128:1.
- When we walk in the laws of God — Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. Psalms 119:1
May the Lord help us to live in this blessedness that He has called us unto! By doing so, He will also help us to go from strength to strength and finally appear before Him.