We need patience, and the key ingredient to grow patience is through love. When we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour, we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus. Yet, our state is that of a new babe which needs tender loving care and nourishment. love enables nourishing this quality of patience in us.
When do we really need patience?
1. In times of trouble, when everyone and everything seems to go against us we need to learn to wait on the Lord. (Luke 21:8-19)
2. When we labour for the kingdom of God, setting our hearts in Christ, then to bear much fruit (Luke 8:15) we will need to wait patiently.
3. Through tribulation alone can we enter into the kingdom of God. Waiting patiently enables us to gain experience too (Romans 5:4).
4. A patient walk helps us to walk by faith to receive the hope we cannot see right now, but know very is true and perfect because God is a God of hope (Romans 8:24-27).
5. We need to be patient while ministering in any capacity – big or small (2 Corinthians 12:12/6:4).
If we don’t have patience for the things that need to get done for the kingdom of God or live with the people who enter our world (family, friends, work) then it’s not Godly love.
We do not have the ability to do anything good. It’s all grace and God’s gift of love shed abroad in our hearts (Romans 5:5) through the Holy Spirit. When we learn to wait and give room for God to work in us, wonders and miracles follow our lives because we believe.
In Christ, you are on the right path. Hold on, be patient, this light affliction will reap in eternal glory with Jesus forever. Maranatha, Praise God and Amen.