The first part of this topic covers 5 types of kisses that are good, and which are holy in God’s sight as well. You can find it here just in case you may want to have a quick look. Today, I want to share with you the bad side of a kiss that is NOT RIGHT in God’s sight.
5 Types Of Unholy Kiss In The Word Of God:
- Kiss of Jealousy and Revenge — Joab (David’s right hand man) was actually the main person in the king’s army. He became untrustworthy and so King David made Amasa to take Joab’s place. Because of which Joab hated Amasa deep in his heart, but showed himself to be friendly outwardly!! 2 Samuel 20:9,10. The kiss between Joab and Amasa was a kiss of jealousy and revenge. Word of God says that God is against such people, will cut them off and destroy them. Ezekiel 25:12-16. Therefore, Let brotherly love continue. Hebrews 13:1.
- A Hypocritical Kiss — Absalom, in an attempt to become the next king of Israel, would put out his hand and kiss the man bowing down before him. Absalom did this to everyone of his subjects and in the process he won every heart! 😊 And it was so, that when any man came nigh to him to do him obeisance, he put forth his hand, and took him, and kissed him. And on this manner did Absalom to all Israel that came to the king for judgment: so Absalom stole the hearts of the men of Israel. 2 Samuel 15:5-6. Such a kiss is not genuine, it’s of pretence. However, look at what God wants from us — Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philippians 2:3.
- Kiss of Backsliding — After Naomi’s sons Mahlon and Chilion died, Naomi and her daughter in laws (Ruth and Orpah) started out together to go back to the land of Judah. Previously, they left Judah for Moab because there came about a great famine in Judah. Then she arose with her daughters in law, that she might return from the country of Moab: for she had heard in the country of Moab how that the Lord had visited his people in giving them bread. Ruth 1:6. In their journey, at one point Naomi asks both of them to discontinue living with her, now that their husbands had passed away. Orpah then decides to leave Naomi and Ruth, kissed them and left. In Christian life, there is no turning back. Once we decide to follow Jesus, we must continue to, till the end. Luke 9:61.
- Kiss of Betrayal — Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss of betrayal. But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss? Luke 22:48. Judas had already given a sign to the authorities that the man whom he would go ahead and kiss, is the man they would need to arrest. In this way, Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:5.
- Kiss That’s Unwilling To Suffer — David knew Saul wanted to kill him and kept hiding from Saul, wherever possible .Perhaps, he should have faced Saul boldly, willing to suffer, knowing that the Lord would not allow Saul to take away his life. But David stayed away from the king’s sight for three days and finally on getting the clue from Jonathan, he decided to flee away. 1 Samuel 20:41,42. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 1 Peter 4:16.
Be blessed 💕