😀 Funny, isn’t it?
Oh … !! I am not talking about the passionate ones, between the opposite sex 😄 No, No..!! This kiss is about the fraternal/Agape kind of love and bonding one may find among brethren.
Well ….!!🤷🏻♀️ A kiss can both be GOOD OR BAD, HOLY OR UNHOLY!! What am I trying to tell you here with all this?
You know, in the Scriptures, people did kiss one another, showing their fondness for each other, on meeting after a period of absence, while going away to a far and distant place, on becoming a ruler or king and for many other reasons.
The 5 Types Of Holy Kiss
- Writing to the Corinthian Church, St. Paul ends his letter by exhorting the believers to greet each other with a holy kiss. St. Paul had found out that sins of fornication were reported among the believers there. So writing a letter of exhortation and rebuke, in the end he says — Greet one another with an holy kiss. 2 Corinthians 13:12.
- As a form of Salutation — When St. Paul was leaving Rome, he writes a list of salutation to the believers there; a long list of names, acknowledging them for all the love, help and prayers they did for his ministry. Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you. Romans 16:16.
- As a gesture of Love — Apostle Peter writing to all the chosen ones scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia Minor and Bithynia, asks them to greet each other with love. Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen. 1 Peter 5:14.
- As a sign of Reverence — When Saul was being anointed as the King of Israel, after Samuel pours the Anointing oil upon his head, Samuel the prophet kissed Saul’s forehead as a sign of reverence to the King. Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the Lord hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance? 1 Samuel 10:1.
- As a sign of love — David and Jonathan were great friends. They loved each other dearly. But king Saul, was fiercely after David to kill him. And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 1 Samuel 20:41. Here, before fleeing away from Saul, both the friends greet each other as a sign of love and depart.
(…. to be continued next on 5 unholy kiss)