There is always something trending all the time. Aren’t they all important? Every country, city, has its own issues. Why is one issue of greater importance than others? Who is deciding? Every life is precious.
The world will do what it does best, indulge in its worldliness. Nothing much to say there, but what are Christians doing?
I recently read a “Christian” blog about how we have so much time now because of the lockdown. Do we really? Let’s see what the Word of God reminds us.
- Matthew 4:17, Jesus says, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Romans 13:11, wake up, our salvation is nearer than when we believed
- Ephesians 5:16 (Colossians 4:5), redeem the time because days are evil
- Mark 13:33, watch and pray (not Netflix or Amazon Prime) because the days are evil
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17, pray without ceasing
- Other references: 1 Corinthians 7:29, 2 Timothy 4:2, to mention a few
As a believer, I don’t think we have time after all. The Word of God is quite clear.
The world does not lack opinionated individuals. It lacks labourers in Christ.
Jesus is the good news the world needs to hear. How is Jesus transforming your life? How is He guiding you? What is He revealing to you? Is His Love overflowing, bubbling in your soul? Are you excited to tell others the best news ever?
Why do Christians go astray? They have forgotten their identity. They have forgotten where they came from. They have forgotten what they are called to do.
1 Peter 2:9 makes it clear.
- “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;
- that ye should shew forth the praises of him
- who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”
Jesus is coming soon. This is the only trending topic Christians should be focused on. Do you believe Jesus died and rose again? Don’t you desire that your world gets to know about the coming King of kings? Are you filled with the love of God to tell everyone about the greatest gift to mankind?
Let’s be refreshed, restored, renewed and refined daily in His holy presence. Stay faithful, stay in the rest of Jesus. Marantha!
Song: Maranatha Marathon: https://youtu.be/FIcQ4eXuKbo
“For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18