Who can carry the presence of God?
The Israelites carried the ark of covenant wherever they went. Only the priests were allowed to carry the ark. God dwelt in the ark during the Israelites journey which helped Israel win great victories.
And when the people were come into the camp, the elders of Israel said, Wherefore hath the Lord smitten us to day before the Philistines? Let us fetch the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of Shiloh unto us, that, when it cometh among us, it may save us out of the hand of our enemies. (1 Samuel 4:3)
Carrying the ark refers to carrying the presence of God.
The New Testament saints are called to be Kings and Priests (Revelation 1:6). Spirit baptised believers have God dwelling in them.
When you carry the presence of God…
- Prayer life that brings victory (Daniel 6:10). Daniel continued to do the will of God despite the law of the land. He prayed to God even though the King had passed a decree that no one is allowed to pray (a scheme cooked up by jealous colleagues). He was thrown into a den of lions, not one lion touched him. God saved him because he chose to worship God.
- Do the will of God in obedience to Word (Life of Joseph). Joseph never looked left or right, he kept the Word of God in his life and God blessed him abundantly.
- Walk in the power of anointing (Acts 5:3). Ananias and Sapphira, caught lying, fell dead in the presence of Peter who was walking in God’s powerful anointing.
- Live trusting on the promises of God (Acts 2:33). Peter and the apostles were completely transformed believers in Christ. From betraying followers into martyrs for Christ, they became followers who walked trusting in the promises of God till the end.
- Walk in holiness (1 Peter 1:16). We are able to walk in holiness, experience a cleansing like Isaiah (Isaiah 6:1-5)
God’s presence is always with us; but are we always in His presence? Let’s stay in His awesome presence. His coming is near. Praise God and Amen!