Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16
Aha!! An awesome verse, indeed!
The very words of Jesus to His disciples. This verse applies to each of us as well — whatsoever you may ask the Father, make sure you ask in My Name, that is, in the Name of Jesus 😇 By the way, also don’t forget to check out the 12 reasons for unanswered prayers.
Unfortunately, there are some even among children of God, who don’t know how to pray. They begin their prayer in the Name of Jesus and end it in the Name of Jesus too. It isn’t the right way to pray. Jesus taught His disciples how to pray in Mathew 6:9-13. Our prayers are made to the Heavenly Father in the Name of Jesus.
Note: in the first part of John 15:16, a condition has been placed. What is the condition? that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain. Thereafter, whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
If these fruits remain whatever we ask God, He will give it to us. What fruit is Jesus referring to over here?
- Fruit of Repentance [Luke3:8]
- Fruit of Righteousness [James 3:18]
- Fruit of the Spirit [Galatians 5:22,23]
Old Testament saint, Job desires that there should be someone who would plead to God for a friend. Job 16:21. This means we need a mediator or an advocate to speak for us on our behalf.
The Good News is we have an advocate to speak for us. His name is Jesus – 1 Timothy 2:5,6. This is why Jesus said whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE PRAY IN JESUS NAME?
- Our joy will be full. John 16:24
- God’s name is glorified. Philippians 2:9-11
- Immediate healing takes place. Acts 3:6
- Salvation takes place. Acts 4:12
- The Presence of God manifests where two or three gather in His Name. Mathew 18:20
- There is life through His Name. John 20:31
- We receive forgiveness of our sins. Colossians 1:13,14
- We are sanctified, washed and justified. 1 Corinthians 6:11
May God help us.