The first and great commandment is the best answer to all our existential questions. Search the Word sincerely and you will find all you need to know.
What is the first and great commandment?
In Matthew 22:37 (and Mark 12:30), Jesus teaches us to “LOVE THE LORD THY GOD with ALL THY HEART, and with ALL THY SOUL, and with ALL THY MIND.”
How does this verse answer why we are on this earth?
To love God alone.
What happens when you love God?
A few necessary points…
– You will love His creation (Matthew 22:39), or creations (Genesis 1)
– Your life will be dedicated to obey every word of God (Ephesians 4:1)
– You will avoid all kinds of evil and filth. Separate from worldliness to live a pure and holy life. (Romans 12:1,2)
– You will be genuinely free (John 8:36)
– You will hate all the things God hates (Proverbs 6:17, 18),
and much more… according to the Word of God & the leading of the Holy Spirit
A man devoid of Jesus, will always do his own will. He desires for freedom and accountability for others, but only freedom for himself, no accountability. He will live according to his own standards and definitions of truth, rejecting God.
Jesus is the only Truth, the highest standard. He always did God’s will. Jesus is the only way to heaven.
Once a man encounters Christ, it remains up to him whether he wants to live according to God’s will or continue in his own.
What do you want to do everyday? Your will or God’s will?