Noah and the Ark that Noah built, have some important lessons to teach us:
- He was a man of Rest. The name Noah has two meanings. One of the meaning is Rest and the other is Comforter.
And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed. Genesis 5:29
- He was a man who found grace in the sight of God.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Genesis 6:8.
- 3 beautiful qualities in Noah — He was a just man, perfect in his generation and he walked with God.
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.Genesis 6:9
- God gave testimony about Noah that he was a righteous man
And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Genesis 7:1
- He was a preacher of righteousness. He preached for about 100 years.
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 2 Peter 2:5
- He and his family of 8 stepped into the Ark according to the command of God. They were saved from the great flood that destroyed the whole earth, during the time.
And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. Genesis 7:7
- 2 each of every living thing also went into the Ark
And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. Genesis 6:19-20
- The days of the Son of man (end time) is also compared with the days of Noah
And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Luke 17:26-27.
About the Ark:
- The Ark was made of Gopher wood. The inside and outside of the Ark was covered with tar. The Ark is compared with the Church — the Body of Christ. Tar spiritually refers to grace. As believers, we must be covered with the grace of God inside and outside.
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. Genesis 6:14
- The Ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits broad and 30 cubits high. 300 spiritually refers to the experience of walking with God. Enoch, a family man, walked with God for 300 years and then he disappeared because God took him away. A believer must have a walking with God experience daily, to be partake of God’s kingdom. 50 refers to the day of Pentecost. On this day, the Holy Spirit came upon the 120 people gathered and they all were baptised in the Spirit. To enter the kingdom of God, we must receive the Anointing of the Holy Spirit. 30 refers to doing the will of God. Jesus began His ministry at the age of 30. This means doing the will of God is necessary for a believer to find himself inside the Ark/Body of Christ/Church.
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. Genesis 6:15.
- The Ark had ONE door🚪only. Jesus is the door. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The only way to the Father is through Him.
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:7,9
Be blessed! 💕