Fasting means denying our body some of its usual provisions. This does not only mean giving up food and drink, but also forsaking the conveniences of the body for the Lord in prayer.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4
In the Scriptures people like Moses and Daniel went without food and water for days on end. They also kept aside the basic needs of their body, because they waited in God’s presence for an answer.
HOW SHOULD WE FAST? Isaiah 58:3-11
- Humbling our body – fasting breaks our body.
- Afflicting our soul – mortifying all desires of the body and making oneself entirely for the Lord in prayer.
- Not doing our own pleasures – Doing only what God wants us to do.
- Not exacting all our labours – things wherewith we grieve others by fighting and quarrelling.
- Loosening bands of wickedness – every attachment should be detached; not allowing cares of the world to bother us.
- To undo heavy burdens – not being worried about our future because He is mindful of us.
- Let the oppressed go free – We must be in the liberty to pray in the Spirit with fasting. The flesh shouldn’t be working.
- Breaking every yoke – The Old Man natures should be broken.
- By not putting forth of the finger – Not finding fault with anyone.
- Not Speak vanity – avoid speaking words of no-faith or unbelief.
Be blessed 💕