Paul says, he is called to present every believer as a chaste virgin before Christ.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:2.
In order to fly away when Jesus comes, we must become a chaste/pure virgin. Having said that, of the many qualities needed to be found in a virgin, one is, he/she must remain undefiled.
How does a child of God become defiled?
- Root of bitterness – Hebrews 12:15
- Not preserving their lives garments (living unholily) – Revelation 3:4
- Having a weak conscience – 1 Corinthians 8:7
- That which comes out of the heart of man – Mark 7: 21-23.
- Not preserving the temple of God, our body – 1 Corinthians 3:16,17
- Impure actions – Psalms 106:39
- Relationships that are worldly and not founded in Christ – Revelation 14:4
- Filthy dreaming – Jude :8
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. Revelation 14:4.
We need to stay away from the pollutions, and filthiness of the flesh and spirit. It is possible only by those who live a separated lifestyle, consecrated for God’s glory. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36.
Another key quality of a virgin is to never speak guile. We should not be deceitful or manipulative in our ways. We should be always leaning on God, trust Him for all matters.
What a blessed privilege then, would it be for us all to be transformed into the Bride of Christ, having followed His Word diligently! As we focus on the spiritual daily, God will give us victory over every lust of the flesh, eyes and pride of life. Jesus is coming to take His bride. May the Lord help us! ❤️