OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE — 1 Samuel 15:22.
The Lord is well pleased with people who obey Him and do according to what He says. Obeying God means adhering to the instructions and commandments He has given to us through His Word. There is a great blessing in obeying God’s Word and doing what He says.
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you. Jeremiah 7:23.
- The Angels obey and do according to God’s command — EVEN TODAY; so they excel in strength. Angels are strong because of their obedience. Psalms 103:20.
- Children who obey their parents; their future is blessed by God. Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1.
- When we obey the mentors and leaders placed by God in our lives, their happiness turns out to be a blessing for us. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. Hebrews 13:17.
However the effects of disobedience are drastic — a few examples of people who disobeyed:-
- The Israelites did not obey God’s commandments and thus many of them perished on the way to the Promised Land. One of the causes of their perishing in the wilderness was murmuring and complaining against God. 1 Corinthians 10:4-10.
- Adam disobeyed the only commandment God had given them and thus had to be driven out of the garden. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Genesis 3:17.
- Saul – He did exactly the opposite of what God asked him to do. He spared the best of the sheep and oxen of the Amalekites to offer unto the Lord. 1 Samuel 15:15. He disobeyed God because of which he lost his kingdom.
- Queen Vashti disobeyed the commandment of her husband king Ahasuerus by not coming for the feast he had passed in her honour. This disobedience on her part cost her, her kingdom and queenship. Esther 1:10-20.
The Scripture notes many other examples of people who disobeyed and lost the goodness God had ordained upon their lives. May the Lord help us to obey Him and His Word in these days so that we are not only blessed by God but also become a cause of favour for others.
Be blessed 💕