For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16
On the day of Pentecost, after being freshly anointed with the Holy Spirit, Peter along with 11 other disciples, conducted a convention or conference. Even Jesus conducted conventions wherein thousands got together. He not only shared the Gospel with them but also fed and sent them away, satisfied.
However, let us also look at some of the other names of the Gospel:
1. Glorious Gospel – St.Paul says that this gospel has been committed to his trust by God Himself. 1 Timothy 1:11. In the Scriptures, Glory refers to Jesus’ Character of Love. God has chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Ephesians 1:4.
2. Word of Grace – Grace is a gift. And St.Paul thanks God for this unspeakable gift in 1 Corinthians 9:15. Grace builds us up. Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands. Acts 14:3
3. Gospel of Peace – Those who are peacemakers are called the sons of God. We must have peace with God and peace with one another. Ephesians 6:15.
4. Hope of the Gospel – If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Colossians 1:23
5. Gospel of Suffering – This means we should be willing to suffer for the sake of the gospel. Our joy and rest should come from the gospel. Mark 8:35.
6. Gospel of the Kindgom – This refers to every teaching and miracles of divine healings we have received from Jesus. Mathew 4:23.
7. Gospel of life and Immortality – But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Timothy 1:10
The Word of God has got many names; of which one name is called THE GOSPEL. When someone shares the Gospel, he/she is basically sharing the GOOD NEWS (another name for Gospel) with the other person. It’s called the Good News because it contains the birth, life, suffering, death, burial, resurrection and coming back of Jesus. Every born again child of God has been called to share this Good News with those, in and around them. May God help us fulfil His plans regarding us!
Be blessed 💕