Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. John 16:32
It is a blessed experience to be alone with the Father. Jesus had this close relationship of being alone with the Father while He was on earth. At the end of the day, we are all alone. Nonetheless when we desire to keep a relationship with the Father just as Jesus did, the Father will counsel and lead us perfectly, just like He did with Jesus.
Very well !!! From the Scriptures here are a few examples of people who enjoyed being alone with God:
1. Enoch – He was a family man with children, grandchildren probably even great grandchildren. But he was a man who walked with God daily. He used to have a wonderful experience of being alone with God. Genesis 5:24.
2. The Israelites – They were also people who lived alone/lived apart from every other tribe. Here are the very words of Balaam concern Israel — For from the top of the rocks I see Israel, and from the hills I behold him. Behold, the people [of Israel] shall dwell alone and shall not be reckoned and esteemed among the nations. Numbers 23:9
3. Abraham – From the day God called him out of his father’s house, Abraham had enjoyed a close walk with God. He had many interactions with God directly and indirectly, wherein he also implicitly obeyed what God asked him to do. Genesis 22:14.
4. Moses – Here was a man well-educated and learned in all the wisdom of Egypt. Acts 7:22. But, God did not want Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt with his own wisdom. For this, God first took him out of his comfort zone and brought him straight into the wilderness. There he saw the burning bush and God speaking to him. Thereafter began Moses’ close walk with God, alone.
5. Jacob – This man had reached a point in life where his brother was his enemy and he had to face him one day. On the way back to his father’s house, Jacob heard Esau his brother was coming to meet him. Genesis 32:24. Jacob knew he didn’t have the strength to face his brother. And so, he made all his family to walk ahead of him and on the other side of the brook, he spend time alone with God and wrestled in prayer with the Angel. There his named got changed from Jacob to Israel.
God chose you and me to enjoy this beautiful relationship of being alone with Him as well. His desire is to take us to the wilderness and there speak comfortably with us — just like a lover would have a heart to heart talk with his beloved!! He reveals His secrets to those leaning on Him alone 💝❤️