Hello there, dear friend!🙂
I hope you were blessed reading Jesus Is My Rock!
I have been a bit inconsistent lately. Nevertheless, I am happy to be back and to share with you the second part of this post.
Here are the next 6 beautiful experiences in making Jesus our Rock!!
7. Songs of Songs 2:14 – O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
The Clefts of the Rock refers to the marks of stripes on the body of Jesus during crucifixion. He bore those stripes for our healing and by His stripes we were healed – 1 Peter 2:24. If we hide ourselves here, we are sure to receive healing in the inner and outer man.
8. Exodus 17:6 – Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
This Rock can quench our thirst. Jesus is the fountain of living waters and those who come to Him will never thirst again. When we hunger and thirst for the kingdom of God and His righteousness our spiritual thirst will be satisfied.
9. Job 29:6 – When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
In the Old Testament, Holy oil was used to anoint kings. It is called as the Anointing Oil. Therefore God says, In the last days I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh – Joel 2:28.
10. 1 Corinthians 10:4 – And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
All spiritual blessings flows from this Rock. Let’s give ourselves over to this Rock that is Jesus, to lead us.
11. Deuteronomy 32:13 – He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
Honey is used for 2 things:
- For healing during sickness – That’s why psalmist also says, O taste and see that the Lord is good. Jesus is our honey. From Him comes our healing.
- This honey will enlighten our eyes – Jonathan’s eyes were enlightened when he had honey – 1 Samuel 14:27. Here honey is referred to the Word of God which opens our eyes of understanding.
12. Isaiah 26:4 – Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
Everlasting Strength in the English bible is referred to as Rock of Ages! Yes, the Lord Jehovah is the Rock of Ages. He’s our everlasting strength. He’s a Great Rock in a weary land.
If we trust in Him as a Rock, every heat that is supposed to come on us will fall on this Rock. And we will find shadow. Because Jesus the Rock will give us the shadow. Let’s trust Him and not our abilities, wisdom or strength.
May God bless you!