Oh yes, it is VERY NECESSARY and IMPORTANT as well to keep our Conscience pure and good before God!!😇
In each and every human being, God Himself placed the Conscience as the judge within us, to help us with our deeds and actions, on a daily basis. If then, as followers of Christ, how much more important it is for us to keep our Conscience checked and sanctified by the Blood of Jesus. Not only do we have to examine our deeds and actions, but our thoughts and words also have to be inspected everyday. When the Conscience is clear and pure, we will have confidence toward God.
REASONS WHY WE NEED TO KEEP A CONSCIENCE VOID OF OFFENCE:
- So that we can give access to God in our lives and come nearer to Him. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22. Christ is coming to gather away all those who preserved a pure and good Conscience.
- So that our heart does not condemn us – Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, we have boldness toward God; and whatsoever we ask we receive of him, because we keep his commandments and do the things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 3:21-22. With a clear heart we have confidence that He will heart and answer our prayers.
- To serve God with all humility – This was St.Paul’s confession to Timothy while mentioning about his ministry. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; 2 Timothy 1:3
- To joyfully bear reproaches that come against us – People could go against us, even for doing good. But how we react to it; therein lies the key! Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 1 Peter 3:16
- To become a source of joy for others – when our conscience is good and pure, we will always be found in a joyful state, that is, our life will be a source of joy to others. For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. 2 Corinthians 1:12
May God help us! ❤️