Going through a time of persecution? What should we keep in mind?
A true believers experience during persecution is inspiring to say the least. It’s only possible with a heart full of God’s love.
What to know during a time of persecution
1. The Lord will deliver us in the time of persecution we face (2 Timothy 3:11)
2. Nothing can separate us from God’s love; in fact he makes us conquerors through His love (Romans 8:35 -37)
3. Some believers feel God has forgotten them, otherwise persecution wouldn’t have come. The Word clearly reveals that He never forsakes us during persecution (2 Corinthians 4:9)
4. We are strongest, when we are weak. It is God’s grace alone that enables us to love this Christian life (2 Corinthians 12:9,10)
5. We are believers today, even though we have been afflicted by sinful natures since youth. Proof that the though we were persecuted it did not overcome us. (Psalms 129:2)
6. When we suffer for Christ, we suffer joyfully. The spirit of glory and of God rests upon us. (1 Corinthians 4:12) (1 Peter 4:12-15)
7. There is a purpose in persecution. The heroes of faith who died before us left us an example on how we need to stay committed to the cause of Christ (Hebrews 11:24-26; 32-40)
We are in a time of over abundance of sin and wickedness. The journey can get overwhelming at times, but the victory is imminent and everlasting. Jesus is always near to those who are near to Him – James 4:8
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Let’s come together in Spirit and in Truth to shine brighter in the midst of a terrible growing darkness. May God help us all.
Maranatha, praise God and amen!