Who is a little child, spiritually? A ‘little child’ is the initial stage, in the relationship with God.
Before we delve into how they really are. It’s important to note what they already know as believers.
1. They know the Father (1 John 2:13)
2. They are aware that there are antichrists in the world already (1 John 2:18)
3. They know they should not sin (1 John 2:1)
The basics are covered here 👆
Now the real deal.
What does the word of God reveal about the lifestyle of a ‘little child’?
1. A little child cannot go where Jesus is (John 13:36). A little child cannot be a king. He needs too grow to be a Son, possible by the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14)
2. Little children, those new to the faith, need to abide in Christ. (1 John 2:28). They need to walk in obedience. They need to learn to love like Jesus.
3. Little children need to learn to love in action and truth (1 John 3:18).
4. Little children are easily deceived, they need to learn to walk in righteousness (1 John 3:7)
5. Christ must be formed in them (Galatians 4:19)
6. Christ is not their first love; they have idols in their life (1 John 5:21)
The encouraging part, God has promised His kingdom to little children (Matthew 19:14). Only those who overcome this world and keeping the above points in their lifestyle will be received into His kingdom.
How is your walk with God today? Are you growing in the Lord? Is Christ increasingly sufficient in your journey as a believer? Do you find yourself giving cheerfully?
Once saved does not mean you are completely saved. The initial salvation is the promise to receive the full and final salvation. Till then, we need to mature spiritually from a little child to Sonship. Heirs to the throne of God.
Prepare yourself to meet Jesus. He is coming soon. Maranatha, Praise the Lord.