Daniel stood tall in the midst of great adversity. He remained humble for God to manifest His power through him. Joseph overcame all tests and stayed sinless during his 20 years of captivity in Egypt. God was with them during their tests, rescued both in time. Job suffered huge material, and physical loss. God was with him. He was eventually healed and blessed double fold.
How are you during your bad times? Do you complain and murmur? Are the tough times taking you away from God?
EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WHO WENT AWAY FROM GOD DURING TRIAL!
- Adam was kept in a place of complete rest – in the Garden Of Eden. However he lost his beautiful experience of communing with God because of disobedience. He could have saved himself of being driven away from the garden had he accepted his mistake.
- Elijah was a mighty prophet who brought fire down from heaven. Nevertheless, he because very afraid when Jezebel threatened to have him killed. Hearing this he ran away (a day’s journey) into the wilderness; and sitting under a tree he asks God to take away his life!! 1 kings 19:1-21.
- Cain ran away from God’s presence because of the spirit of anger! Genesis 4:16. Cain was envious of little brother Abel and eventually killed him when he saw that God did not accept his sacrifice. He slaughtered his brother and ran away from God. An angry person cannot remain in the Presence of God.
- Gehazi coveted the silver and gold that Elisha had rejected. 2 Kings 5:26. He ran after Naaman to get those gifts in the pretext of gifting them away to the 2 young men from Ephraim! 2 kings 5:22. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15.
- Demas loved the world and ran after it. 2 Timothy 4:10. He was a great help for St.Paul, but he left him and being with God.
The Israelites murmured and disputed only to be swallowed by the earth. They could not enter the promised land. May God help us to be strong in the Lord, in the power of His might and stay put no matter how difficult the situation may be! ❤️
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”