Honestly speaking, the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32 is surely a replica of our own lives; referring to the times we had gone away from Jesus, did our own will and lost everything we once had! This parable narrated by Jesus Himself is quite thought provoking and very much applicable, even till date! The story is about the return of the Lost Son to his dad, a boy who took all his wealth and went away to a far country. There he wasted his wealth with riotous living and became miserable; until one day he decided to COME BACK TO HIS DAD!! ❤️
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you… James 4:8
Well, the verse itself specifies clearly that when we take that one step of Faith and draw nigh to God; He will come running to us like this dear dad! Let me take you to the 5 ways how we can draw close to God.
- By the Blood of Jesus – But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:13. We have redemption through the blood of Jesus, even the forgiveness of sins. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
- By Him – Jesus lives to make intercession for us. Therefore all those who come to God by Him, He is able to save them to the uttermost. Lets therefore run this race patiently, looking into Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6.
- By faith of Him – Refers to the faith of the Son of God. We must NOT have little faith, nor worry, or fear, or doubt, or reason among ourselves seeing the circumstances that arise against us. Jesus overcame the world promised us that we can also overcome the world through Him. Let’s believe and press forward. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- Access by His Spirit – For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:18. The Lord has poured His love into our hearts through the Anointing of the Holy Spirit. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John 2:27
- By Hope – Hope on God, never puts a person to shame. All those who put their trust on God are made steadfast and immovable by Him. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. Hebrews 7:19.
Be blessed 💕