Hello my dear friends🌼🌸
Here we are!! Already in the month of September, having graciously crossed more than half of this year. It all seems like a few days ago that we began the New Year 2019 with great fervour; and now, within a span of three months we would have already landed on the first of January 2020.
For me, just like every other year, even in 2019 as well, the Lord helped me to begin the first day of January, in His Presence. I remember making quite some covenants and decisions before the Lord — on how to live each day of the New Year, uprightly and justly before Him.
As I turn back and see, I find myself wanting😐 Nonetheless, as I check how Jesus has been to me throughout this year — quite amazingly, He has always been Faithful and kept His Word to me!! His covenant to each of us, has been Yea and Amen – be it through Scriptures/our personal walk with Him.
WHAT WERE HIS COVENANTS TOWARDS US?
1. God had promised in the days of Noah, that He would no more destroy the Earth with water. As a sign of His covenant, He kept a bow (the rainbow 🌈) in the sky. Genesis 9:13. He has been faithful in this till this day.
2. His everlasting covenant with David – the sure mercies of David. Isaiah 55:3; Psalms 89:20. The Lord promised David of keeping him throughout, from all his enemies.
3. The promise of not taking away His Spirit from among His people. Isaiah 59:21 – As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
4. The Promise of Reward to all those who suffer and bear reproaches for His Namesake. Isaiah 61:8; 50:6-9.
5. He promised that He will do good to us. Jeremiah 32:40 – And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
6. The Lord God is holy and He has called us to sanctify us. Jesus offered Himself willingly for our sanctification. Therefore He establishes the everlasting covenant of setting His sanctuary among His people to cleanse and purify them. Ezekiel 37:26.
He has been faithful in all His promises to us. Therefore in the days leftover, let’s decide to be faithful to Him and end the year gladly. May God help us.
Be blessed 💕