God loves people whose hearts and minds are pure☺️ By this I mean, those who have laboured to keep a good conscience and a pure conscience are those who have pleased God through their words, deeds and actions.
On the other hand, there are chances this good and pure conscience could flip negatively into 5 different ways and pull a person completely away from God if it’s not tended, on time.
1. Dead Conscience – A dead conscience brings forth dead works. Since the conscience is dead before God, therefore it’s works are also dead.
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? Hebrews 9:14
Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary, was found in a bound state after he was raised from the dead. He was completely tied up from the top of his head till his toes and couldn’t do anything for the Lord. It was only after those bindings (of death) were removed that Lazarus could sit and dine with Jesus.
2. Weak Conscience – When a good and a pure conscience becomes weak, chances of getting offended and hurt for even little matters, are higher. 1 Corinthians 8:7,10-12.
3. Evil Conscience – A conscience of this kind will not allow us to go to God’s presence. But a good and pure conscience would always desire to run to God and His be filed with the fatness of His house.
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
4. Defiled Conscience – Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. Titus 1:15
Unto the pure, everything is pure; however, when the conscience is defiled, it will find fault in everything. David says, I have set the Lord always before me. Psalms 16:8. And because he did so, whenever things went against him, he was never moved/disturbed — his eyes were fixed upon God.
5. Conscience seared with hot iron — Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 1 Timothy 4:2
This is a conscience that has stopped feeling the prick of conviction when something wrong/sinful is done. For eg. someone who has the habit of lying for every small and big thing, comes to a point where the conscience no longer feels that the lie said is a sin before God.
The coming new year, let’s ask God to help us always preserve the good and the pure conscience He has given us, to do that is pleasing in His sight and be acceptable to Him.
MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR, 2020 ❤️ 😇 🙏