Not everyone in the Scriptures was called Beloved; but only a few. However, David was God’s beloved even as his name meant. The meaning of David is Beloved. Jesus was also called the Beloved Son of God. God the Father addressed Jesus as My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Mathew 3:17.
What was common between Jesus and David? They were obedient, and humble in God’s sight. They remained little throughout their lives, but God exalted them respectively. All those who please God are called His sons.
HOW DO WE BECOME THE SONS OF GOD?
- By taking Jesus as our Saviour – All those who receive and take Jesus as their personal Saviour, are given the power to become sons of God by Jesus Himself. John 1:12. Which means they have repented for their sins, confessed and forsaken their evil ways.
- By obeying God in waters of baptism -Some understand that by taking water baptism, they become a member of a particular church; which is incorrect. In water baptism we put on Christ and become the sons of God. Galatians 3:26,27. Baptism should be taken in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit under the hands of a Spirit baptised person.
- By believing in Divine Healing – Trusting upon God for healing is referred to Children’s Bread. The Syrophenician woman had come to Jesus for her daughter’s healing. There Jesus refers to healing as children’s bread. Mark 7:27 All those who have turned away from their sins, and have taken the right water baptism – Claim your healing from God instead of fully relying on drugs and medicines. Jesus does for your sins and sickness as well. He commands healing to His sons.
- By being led by the Spirit of God – For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Romans 8:14. Them the Spirit will also bear witness that we are the children of God. Romans 8:16. Jesus had asked the disciples to wait in the Upper Chamber at Jerusalem to receive the Holy Spirit – promise of God. The disciples waited for 10 days and were able to receive the Anointing.
- By living a life of separation – Separating from the world means not conforming ourselves to the ways of the world. By doing so we get a promise that we are the sons and daughters of God. 2 Corinthians 6:17,18. You have been chosen out of the world by Him, to live for Him.
- By yielding ourselves to sanctification – The Lord has called us for sanctification through the Spirit. 2 Thessalonians 2:13. Jesus wants us to be pure as He is pure. As a loving dad desires his son to be like him, even so Jesus desires us to become like Him – nurture and develop His divine natures in us. This can happen when we yield ourselves to purify ourselves. 1 John 3:1-3. The sanctified ones are called the mighty ones. Isaiah 13:3.
May God help us.
Be blessed 💕