John 15:2 – Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Jesus is the Vine and We are the branches. Purging refers to the trials and correction we go through in life.
What do the fruit refer to? In the Word of God, there are Good fruits and Bad fruits as well.
What are the Good Fruits?
1. Fruit of the Spirit – [Galatians 5:22,23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.]
2. Fruit of the lips – Offering praises to God continually [Hebrews 13:15; Isaiah 57:19] By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
3. Fruit of Righteousness
- James 3:18 – Sown in peace for them that make peace.
- 2 Corinthians 9:9 – Dispersing abroad/Giving to the poor.
- Hebrews 12:11 – Peaceable fruit through chastening/trials.
4. Fruit of Repentance – [Luke 3:8] Life of being transformed daily. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
5. Fruit of the Earth – Perfected Saints [James 5:7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
6. Fruit of the Womb – Children [Psalms 127:3] Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
7. Fruit of Her Hands – Her Works [Proverbs 31:16] She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
8. Fruit of His Mouth – His Words [Proverbs 12:14; 18:20] A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man’s hands shall be rendered unto him.
9. Fruit of their doings – Good works [Isaiah 3:10] – Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
(….to be continued…)