And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:17
Jesus pleased the Father through His life, by doing His Father’s will. God addresses Jesus as His beloved Son in whom He was greatly pleased. In the Bible, some lived according to God’s will and some on their own terms. David was one of those who pleased God. He did commit many grave errors, but his repenting heart was what made all the difference and thereby he pleased God.
In the same way, it is very important for us as well to please God through our life and works. The Lord has called us to show forth His praises among the people; and those who look at us should see Jesus in us. Every aspect of our lives should be pleasing in His sight. So then how do we please Him with our lives?
THERE ARE 8 WAYS ON HOW TO PLEASE GOD?
1. To please Him we must have faith. Hebrews 11:6. Those who have faith in God must believe that the Lord is God and that He is his God too. David says, For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death. Psalms 48:14 Only such people can diligently seek God.
2. The Lord takes pleasure in them that fear Him. Psalms 147:11. There are 2 types of fear:
- Fear of punishment – God does not want us to fear Him in this way. Such people cannot please God at all because they are scared of Him.
- Fear out of love towards God – When we love someone, we are ready to do anything for that person so as to not make him/her unhappy. The same works for the Lord and He takes pleasure in such people.
3. Those who please God will do His will. Daniel purposed in his heart not to defile himself with the portion of the king’s food, while in Babylon. He wanted to remain true to God – regarding how he was brought up back home. Babylon refers to the sinful world. This means through a life of consecration we can please God.
4. Having a heart of repentance pleases God – David was a murderer and an adulterer. He shed a lot of innocent blood during his lifetime. Yet God calls him a man after my own heart. acts 13:22. Why? Because he had a repenting heart ready to confess even for a small error.
5. The prayer of the upright pleases Him, is His delight. Proverbs 15:8. Before praying we need to see if we have God’s righteousness in us. When we confess our sins and are washed with His Blood, He counts us as righteous. Such a prayer pleases God.
6. Praising God pleases Him – Ten lepers came to Jesus to be healed from their sickness. After Jesus healed them only ☝️ person came back to say thank you to Jesus. Luke 17:17. The more we praise God from the depths of our heart, the more He will be pleased with us.
7. God is pleased with a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7. Whatever we give to the Lord, we should do it joyfully. The widow gave the two mites into the treasure box. That was all she had and she offered it gladly.
8. By yielding ourselves for suffering we please God. It pleased God to bruise His own Son. Isaiah 53:10. Jesus offered Himself willingly without any complaints. May God help us.
Be blessed 💕