Psalms 36:5 – Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;
Psalms 57:10 – For thy mercy is great unto the heavens,
Psalms 108:4 – For thy mercy is great above the heavens:
Dear beloved child of God, you need mercy to go in the heavens, unto the heavens and above the heavens.
Just as there were 3 places in the Tabernacle, that is, the Outer Court, Holy Place and Most Holy Place, similarly there are 3 places in heaven – namely, the 1st Heaven/New Earth, the 2nd Heaven/New Heaven, the 3rd Heaven/New Jerusalem and Zion.
The Old Testament saints could only see the Throne of God in the heavens. For example, prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah saw the heavens only from afar. [Isaiah 6:1; Jeremiah 17:12]
But you and me are called unto the Third Heaven, that is, Zion and New Jerusalem. Through Jesus, a new and a living way was opened for us to go into the 3rd Heaven. In Hebrews 4:16, there is a call for us to come boldly to the Throne of Grace to obtain mercy during time of need.
THESE 7 QUALITIES ARE NEEDED TO RECEIVE AND BE PRESERVED IN MERCY:
1. Luke 18:13 – God be merciful to me a sinner. This was the prayer of the Publican. He made a humble prayer unlike the Pharisee who was confidently boasting. Thus, by truly repenting with a contrite and broken heart, we can obtain mercy and be preserved in it.
2. Immediate repentance when the Holy Spirit reproves/convicts us of our sins. Proverbs 28:13 – He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Even when convicted of little errors, make sure they are repented and confessed off then and there.
3. A listening heart will have an ear to hear what God is speaking and thereby receive mercy. Isaiah 55:3 – Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live;
The Lord called little Samuel thrice. But he was unable to understand. But Eli the priest could because he was anointed.
4. Psalms 26:11 – But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me. Walking in integrity means walking uprightly. Walk up and in the right way.
5. Psalms 89:27,28 – Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
His mercy is with the firstborn. 4 main qualities of a firstborn are – Genesis 49:3 – Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
6. Those who are merciful will obtain mercy. Mathew 5:7. Merciful means ready to forgive others. To forgive others one needs to have compassion. Hebrews 4:16 – Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
7. 2 Timothy 1:16 – Saints who have been refreshed in their hearts by others will obtain mercy. This was said about Onesiphorus. He made cool the hearts of God’s people.
May God help us.
Be blessed 💕