In my previous post Which Seed Of Abraham Are You, we learnt about those who are compared to the Stars in Heaven.
However in this post, I want to share with you about the 7 truths regarding these Stars of Heaven. These Stars are of great value before God and so, let’s look at how we too can become like these Stars.
1. In Genesis 1:16 it is written, And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
The stars were made by the Fingers of God, through His Power. How do we know this? Look at what the psalmist is saying in Psalms 8:3,4 –
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Dear child of God, you should have the understanding that you are made by God. We are all made by the Lord. As He made the stars He made you and me. His fingers made us. That is why St.Paul says we are the handiwork of God.
When Moses was performing wonders before Pharoah in the land of Egypt, the magicians were saying this is the finger of God. Exodus 8:19,
Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
Dear brother/sister, if you truly belong to Christ, His fingers are continuously working upon and through you and me. What are the fingers of God doing? Casting out every devilish nature in us – Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
So it is very essential for us to be in the hands of God, so that every evil nature in us would be removed. God keeps us in a secret place and there His fingers work upon us. What love!!
You are being worked upon in a secret place. Do you know where? See Colossians 3:3 – For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Psalms 139:14 says we are fearfully and wonderfully made- You Are Loved dear child of God – Isaiah 43:1
He is giving us a form – of His very same image. The fingers of God are fiery, able to write His laws in tables of stone. Are we yielding ourselves for this? Others should be able to see that star in us.
2. Job 22:12 says, Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!
God wants us to be in heavenly places, in the high places, seated with Him. He lifted us from the miry clay of sin and made us to sit with Him. The stars are in an exalted place. In Philippians 2:9, it is written, Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: The Father exalted Jesus in high places.
This Exaltation is based on 3 things:
– Being humble means having no reputation whatsoever. Jesus has no reputation at all. He humbled Himself to the very extent of His death on the Cross.
A humble person won’t fight for his rights. God wants us to be like Jesus, and not people fighting for our reputation. Jesus humbled and emptied himself.
– The character of Jesus is revealed through His obedience to the Father. Even now He’s obeying the Father by sitting at His Right Hand. Jesus is waiting for the Father’s command, to go and collect His bride. He was obedient till His death on the Cross.
– Jesus was yielding Himself to sufferings on the Cross. Death on the Cross was not an easy thing. For hours together He was suffering. We too should yield ourselves to suffer for Jesus.
3. In Judges 5:20 we find, They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
The stars fought from heaven. Stars are ordained to fight. That is why St.Paul says, I have fought the good fight – 2 Timothy 4:7. Stars fight in their course or the path laid particularly for them. In a war there are 2 aspects:
- One should have the power to defend oneself
- Defeat the enemy
Philippians 1:17 – the Gospel is given to us to defend ourselves through the gospel itself.
What is this Gospel?
- Birth of Christ
- Life of Christ
- Sufferings of Christ
- Death of Christ
- Burial of Christ
- Resurrection of Christ and,
- Ascension of Christ
This is a defence for us. Through this the stars fight in their courses. Now there is Offence of the gospel also. This means to strike against the forces of darkness through the gospel. See what’s mentioned in Philippians 1:27,
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
Striving for Jesus who is born in me. Abiding in the Calling is known as fighting in the course.
4. Jeremiah 31:35 says, Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:
God has given ordinances for these stars. Every star has its own course and it has to move accordingly. They have to come under an authority and walk in that direction.
Suppose a star loses its track and drifts away. What will happen? The star wanders away and collides with another star, thereby bringing destruction. Such stars are called Wandering Stars. Jude 13 talks about this.
We must be found under the authority of the Holy Spirit – Romans 8:14 and authority of the Apostles – 2 Corinthians 8:5
5. Stars have a name – Psalms 147:4, He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
Every star has a name and He calls them by its name. Isaiah 43:1 says, I have redeemed thee and called thee by thy name; thou art mine. We are always in the remembrance of God – Isaiah 44:21 How? When we preserve ourselves in our low estate that is when we are humble. Then the Lord will remember us and call us by our name. A Sheep hears the voice of its master – John 10:3,27
6. The star has an effect – Mathew 2: 10, When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
The wise men saw the star. It gave a message. God wants us to be the epistle of Christ. Others should see Christ in us and thereby lead them to Christ. Daniel 12:3 says those who lead many to righteousness are like the stars. Let’s live Christ.
7. Psalms 136:9 says, The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.
God made us a star to rule by the night – to rule the darkness. To rule over sin, which is darkness and overcome evil by good, God made us stars. This means we need to abstain from all appearances of evil.
Darkness should not enter into our lives. For this the Lord gave us the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Very soon the Bright and Morning Star will appear to collect the little stars. Jesus is the Morning Star and we are the little stars.
A single star can’t illuminate the entire sky. That is why God made many stars and placed them in the heavens and from there they give out light.
Let’s surrender ourselves for God’s plan to be done in us.