For faith to be perfected we need to speak words of faith. The psalmist says he spoke because he believed. Psalms 116:10. Even St.Paul in his letter to the Corinthian church highlights the same thing – ..we also believe, and therefore speak; 2 Corinthians 4:13. This spirit of faith comes from the Lord.
FYI – There are 3 basic laws of faith. When we receive God’s Word and keep them in our hearts, the Word becomes life and health for us. John 6:63. The righteous live by faith; therefore what comes out of our mouths should be life giving to others. Abraham lived and spoke by faith. The book of Romans explains this aspect of Abraham’s life clearly.
THERE ARE 7 STEPS IN ABRAHAM’S FAITH:
1. Abraham’s faith was Speaking Faith. Romans 4:17. He believed in God as He who quickens the dead. Both the husband and wife were very old to bring forth children. Abraham was already 75 when God promised him a son. Even then, he trusted God and His Word that could revive him and Sarah’s womb to bring forth children.
2. He believed the God who called forth things out of nothing. Romans 4:17. Speaking Faith depends on the creative power of God. Hebrews 11:3. In our lives, God’s natures and His love weren’t found. But through the Anointing of the Holy Spirit, He created them in our hearts. He called forth things out of nothing.
3. Against hope he believed in hope. Romans 4:18. Abraham believed that God who promised to bless him with a son, would bring it to pass in the said time. That’s what hoping against hope is known as! Psalmist says, In his word do I hope. Psalms 130:5. Difference between Faith and Hope – Faith claims immediate results; but Hope will wait. Abraham waited for 25 long years for the fulfilment of the promise.
4. He did not look at the signs and symptoms – He did not consider these 2 things: Romans 4:19.
- That he had become old
- Deadness of Sarah’s womb.
5. He did not stagger but rather was strong in faith. Romans 4:20. We should cling on to what God has promised us because what He promised will come to pass. 1 Corinthians 1:20.
6. He offered thanksgiving to God even before the promise was fulfilled. Romans 4:20. He didn’t complain when it was taking long to be fulfilled.
7. He was fully persuaded that God who promised will perform. Romans 4:21. We should also be able to speak words of faith, confidently. Then we can be Abraham’s seed.
When Speaking Faith works in us, all of Abraham’s blessings will be on us as well. May God help us.
Be blessed 💕