But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
This verse is one of God’s promise to us that He would meet ALL our needs, according to the riches of His glory. This verse is also a Scripture portion a Christian knows by heart.
Well then, even after knowing His promise why does a Christian still Lack/Want in his/her life? Here are a few reasons:
- Serving the enemy brings want in us – There are 2 reasons for this as well. The first is — when we disobey and don’t keep His laws faithfully (Deuteronomy 28:15) and the second is — when we don’t serve the Lord with glad and joyful hearts (Deuteronomy 28:47). Let not this condition be seen in us but rather along with Habakkuk let’s say, even though I may not have anything, yet will I still rejoice in my God!
- Doing self will, will bring about lack – A situation like this had happened with Naomi and the Prodigal Son. (Ruth1:1-21, Luke 15:15-32). They did their own will and went away from the Presence of God. Naomi and her husband decided to go to Moab and the Prodigal son to a distant land. Both lost what was valuable to them and were in a state of Want.
- Losing a heart of gratefulness to the Lord, brings lack – The Israelites forgot to glorify God for everything He had done for them during the wilderness journey. Psalms 107: 39. Only a humble heart is wise enough to understand the workings of God’s grace in the heart because God grants grace to the humble. David praises God continually because he had a grateful heart.
- If the Lord isn’t our Shepherd, we will always be in want – This means you and me must always remain His sheep only then can the Lord be our Shepherd. Psalms 23:1. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27.
- Those who sleep will always be in want – Proverbs 6:10,11, 24:33,34. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man. The 10 virgins were sleeping when the bridegroom came; and so they could not go along with him. They had no oil in their lamps. However, the Chaste Virgin will never sleep because she’s waiting with oil in her lamp, for her groom to come and take her away. Oil refers to the Grace of God.
- Hastening to become rich will bring want in a person – For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:10. Such people cannot live in peace and therefore will be wanting spiritually.
- By not abiding in the place wherein God placed us – The Earth was null and void because it was wanting. Genesis 1:2. Why? Because of the fallen angels. They did not remain in the place where God had kept them to be. Hence, let’s always remember to make our calling and election sure and be faithful wherever God has placed us.
Be blessed 💕