📝: This post is based on the verse Psalm 16:8 – I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
You may take a quick look at this link — I shall not be moved! to get a context of the current post!
Now, moving onto the 7 groups of people who keep the Lord always before them!!
1. Pure in heart — Most of us are quite familiar with the verse – “the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9.😨
Do you know what lies inside this heart? — For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. Mark 7:21-23. That’s quite a list!!
Well then, can this deceitful heart be made pure? Oh yes! It is possible! ✝️
- When we accept and confess our sins and shortcomings to Jesus and get a thorough cleansing by His Precious Blood. 1 Peter 1:18-20.
- By reading and meditating the Word of God daily. Doing so keeps the heart away from all defilement. John 17:17
- Through the Anointing of the Holy Spirit. God’s love is shed abroad into our hearts through the Anointing. Rejoicing in the Spirit will keep our heart pure. Romans 5:5, 1 Peter 1:2.
BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART: FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD. Mathew 5:8.
2. Those who pray – Cornelius of Caeserea was a devout centurion — A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. Acts 10:2. This man was very faithful in his prayers — personal as well as family prayers!
One such time, as he was praying, he had a visitation from an Angel of God telling him — About the ninth hour (3:00 p.m.) of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had come to him and said, “Cornelius!” Cornelius was frightened and stared intently at him and said, “What is it, lord (sir)?” And the angel said to him, “Your prayers and gifts of charity have ascended as a memorial offering before God [an offering made in remembrance of His past blessings].” Acts 10:3-4 AMP
HE PRAYED EVERYDAY AND THE LORD ANSWERED HIS PRAYER ONE FINE DAY!! 🙌
New Testament believers are called to pray without ceasing – 1 Thessalonians 5:17; for ourselves and one another! 💖 Jesus prayed and showed us an example how we ought to pray. Let’s not forget to pray!!
(…. to be continued)