Before time immemorial, during the process of Creation, God created everything that man needed to have, for his life on earth – the heavens, the earth, the sun, moon and stars, the waters and everything in it, plants, birds, animals, fishes etc.
Thereafter on the sixth day, God created man with His own hands, breathed into his nostrils and he became a living soul. Both Adam and Eve were clothed with the glory of God. The living conditions of the couple back then was nothing short of spectacular until, SIN creeped in and destroyed their state of blessedness. Adam and Eve lost the glory of God they wore as a garment.
THE GARMENT OF GLORY CHANGED INTO 7 OTHERS GARMENTS. WHAT WERE THEY?
1. When God first created this body it was a Celestial Body. Celestial Body meant both didn’t have to labour or sweat for a living. They enjoyed a life of bliss in the Garden of Eden. But after sin entered it became a Terrestrial Body. 1 Corinthians 15:40. Terrestrial body meant it became filled with the cares of this world.
2. God had made them an Incorruptible Body in which decay and decomposition was out of question. But after they disobeyed, their incorruptible body turned into a Corruptible Body. 1 Corinthians 15:42. The body was prone to sickness and disease.
3. God crowned man with Honour when He created him. While creating every other creation, God said, Let there be… and it was. But to man He did not say, Let there be man. He made man with His own hands and breathed the Spirit of life into him. But sin and disobedience brought Dishonour to man and he became a slave to shame. 1 Corinthians 15:43.
4. When God created Adam, He made him in His own image and likeness. The body was full of strength and was also a Powerful Body. But sin caused the God given strong body into a Weak Body. It lost the supernatural power of God. 1 Corinthians 15:43.
5. God made Adam a Spiritual Body. But by transgressing the commandment of God the spiritual body became a Natural Body. 1 Corinthians 15:44. This means it became subject to the laws of Nature. That is why we feel hot when it’s hot outside and cold when it’s cold outside.
6. God had blessed Adam and Eve with Immortality; God had breathed into his nostrils and therefore there was no death in man. But He had also said that the day they would eat the forbidden fruit they would die. Unfortunately both disobeyed and their body became Mortal Body. 1 Corinthians 15:54.
7. God created Adam and Eve’s body as a Heavenly Body. It was just perfect the way that God had made their body. But after sin entered through disobedience, the natural body became an Earthy Body. It was subject to the earth and its needs. 1 Corinthians 5:48.
Nevertheless there’s good news for you – This Terrestrial, Corruptible, Dishonourable, Weak, Natural, Mortal and Earthy Body is soon going to become a Glorious Body once again, at the coming of Jesus. May the Lord prepare us for that.
Be blessed 💕