I like reading stories on charity work, they bring about a sense of giving back to the people and place around me. Well, not everyone has a large heart😄 (truth be told) but there are quite some folks out there, who go out of their way to help the poor and downtrodden 👏 Good job indeed! Artists, Companies, Entrepreneurs, NGO’s, Well wishers, you name it; helping others financially/even physically, is there on the priority list. It is a satisfying effort after all!!
Jesus during His days on earth, also went about doing good to everyone He came across. Acts 10:38. There wasn’t even a single soul who came to Christ and went back as they came, without a blessing. People came to Him with their sickness and diseases, problems within their own selves and family, bondages and oppression (of different kinds). He was All Present to help them in whichever way they needed help. The help Jesus gave was an overall one – it encompassed their spirit, soul and body.
We, as believers and followers of Jesus, are also called unto good works by our Master. As He set an example before us in doing good to others, He also desires us to be of help to others in time of need. Pray for that someone in need, help monetarily wherever required, share a word of encouragement to someone who is in despair, visit people when they are sick and more; there are many ways to be of help.
7 SIMPLE ATTRIBUTES OF PEOPLE CALLED TO DO GOOD:
- We are people created in Christ Jesus for good works. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10.
- Ready for good works. Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,Titus 3:1
- Careful to maintain good works. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. Titus 3:8
- Fruitful in every good work. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Colossians 1:10
- Adorned with good works. But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 1 Timothy 2:10
- Well reported of, for good works. 1 Timothy 5:10. This means having a testimony of doing good to others.
- Rich in good works.That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 1 Timothy 6:18
By practising these in our day to day lives, the Lord will perfect us in every good and help us be like Jesus. Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:21. May God help us.
Be blessed 💕