Greetings to you😊 and a happy Monday!!😍
Before I begin, a heartfelt and a warm thank you!!🤗 – for encouraging me and keeping me going through this wonderful blog journey.
I am really happy to see so many of my fellow bloggers showering so much of love on me — folks whom I have never met or spoken to…Your support really means a lot to me!🙋♀️💕
Onto The Post – I feel pity seeing people neck-deep in sorrow and misery. Looking around what I find is man hardly has any rest.
Why is all this happening? The million dollar question!!
Well, in the wilderness journey of the Israelites, Moses asked God – Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. Exodus 33:13.
To this God replies – Exodus 33:14 – And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. This implies that man truly needs rest to live on this earth.
HOW DO YOU GET THIS REST?
1. Mathew 11:28 – Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. When we come to Jesus and give away our burdens to Him, He gives His rest in turn to us.
Man becomes burdened because of sin. Disobedience brings sin and sin takes away rest. Jesus came into this world and took away the punishment of our sins on Him. There remains a rest for people of God – for those who believe.
2. Psalms 16:9 – Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. This rest occurs in the life of a God’s child, when he has obeyed God in water baptism.
Obeying God in water baptism is fulfilling His righteousness and thereby the Old Man is buried with Christ. This means the body of sin is destroyed and a new body(new birth) is acquired.
3. Isaiah 28:11,12 – For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
This rest is got when a person receives the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Speaking in unknown tongues brings rest in our soul. Speaking in tongues is a sign that a person has been anointed.
4. Mathew 11:29,30 – Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Normally a yoke isn’t light. Carrying it isn’t easy either because that would keep the neck suppressed. But Jesus offered to take this yoke upon Himself when the Triune God were discussing – WHO WILL GO FOR US? The yoke that Jesus took was doing the perfect will of the Father.
5. Exodus 31:13 – Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
Throughout the journey, God commanded Moses that the Israelites should keep the Sabbath day, the seventh day which is holy unto God. On this day even God rested from all His works. When we keep the Sabbath, the Lord will be a Lord who sanctifies us. Those who live a sanctified life, live a life of rest.
6. Joshua 11:23 – …And the land rested from war. Joshua defeated 7 nations and 31 kings. When we live an overcoming life through the Blood of Jesus, Word of God and Anointing of the Holy Spirit we will have rest. Thereby we can go from victory to victory and enjoy His rest in us.
May the Lord help us.