I am done with this mundane life!!
When will all these troubles finally get over?!!
How I wish I could just go to a peaceful place forever and be at rest!!
Have thoughts like these ever crossed your mind?
You Are Not Alone!
Well, we all often go through phases of difficult times like these. We long to leave everything behind and go somewhere far away. We get so frustrated with our everyday activities and life that we fail we to recognise God’s favour upon us. This same thing was also expressed by King David. We know who he was! He was a great king. He didn’t lack anything in his life. He had God’s favour upon him. He was a victorious king – a man after God’s own heart. See what he says in Psalms 55:6,
And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
Why does he say so? When we read the portions ahead, verses 1-5, we understand that David had the Fear of Death in him. He wanted rest in his life. That is why he sought for “wings like a dove“.
Dear child of God, whatever problems you may be going through, remember there is a Loving Father who is ready to help you through. You just have to call out to Him because He has promised in Psalms 50:15 – And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
The most-referred-to bird in the Scripture is the Dove. We can find the dove being spoken about in many places.
In this post I want to share with you about some of the specialities of a dove:
1. There is no bile in a dove. All other birds have bile in them. Scripturally bile refers to hypocrisy/guile. A hypocrite can’t dwell in the house of God Mathew 10:16 – Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. This bird is a straight forward bird. Thus, if we live a straight forward life, then we can dwell in the house of God.
2. It is a silly bird. We read about this in Hosea 7:11. It does not have a crooked or crafty nature. Similarly, concerning evil we need to be simple. Romans 16:19 says, For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. A dove is a simple bird. We too should have simplicity in us and not be doers of evil. To the simple the Word of God gives understanding – Psalms 119:130.
3. It chooses the clefts of the rock. Therefore it stays safe from danger. Song of Solomon 2:14 says, ‘O my dove, thou art in the clefts of the rock..’ Who is our Rock? Jesus is our Rock. This means we must choose to have a hidden life in Christ. Our character and life should be hidden in Christ. God is our hiding place – Psalms 119:114.
4. It makes its nest in the sides of the hole’s mouth/in the sides of a ravine – Jeremiah 48:28. Hebrews 13:14 says, For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. God is preparing a permanent place for us.
5. The dove is always mourning – Ezekiel 7:16. We too should be groaning within ourselves daily, waiting for the redemption of our body – Romans 8:23. This world is not our home. But we seek for a home that is not built by hands, Eternal in the heavens. We should earnestly desire to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven.
6. The dove’s eyes are watery – Tears should be found in our eyes too. Prophet Jeremiah says in chapter 9:1- Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people! Even though Jesus was the Son of God yet He shed tears and prayed unto God – Hebrews 5:7.
May the Lord help us!