Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14
God has placed you and me as little shining lights in this world filled with darkness to give out light and dispel darkness. Once we were also in the bondage of darkness, but God the Father delivered us and brought us safely into the kingdom of His dear Son — into His marvellous light.
However, in order to continually be in the light, and be rid of any works of darkness in us, God wants certain qualities to be seen in us.
1. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light..John 12:36. You read that right! If we have to remain as shining lights, the level of our faith on Jesus is important. Just as the moon shines by reflecting the light it gets from the sun, similarly we need to reflect the light of Jesus by faith to those around us. This also depends on the fellowship we have with that Light – Jesus. Cleansing ourselves with the blood of Jesus daily will help us to renew our fellowship with Christ. 1 John 1:7.
2. The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130. When our heart is opened to God’s Word, His light will shine in and through us. For example Lydia, the purple seller’s heart was opened to the Word of God and so she listened to what St.Paul shared that day. Acts 16:14. Only a hearing heart would be willing to hear what God has to say and thereby be dispelled of all darkness.
3. Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life. John 8:12. About Caleb God testified that he followed the Lord wholly. Numbers 14:24. To follow the Lord, it is essential for us to deny ourselves. Then only can we do the will of God – taking up the yoke of Jesus upon us. Mark 8:34.
4. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 1 John 2:10 People who don’t get offended at all are walking in the light. If we get offended even for littlest of things, we are not walking in the light.
5. The sun and moon will be confounded when God reigns in our life. Isaiah 24:23. When God reigns no other ruling will be there in us. Don’t let the SELF to rule you, but crown God as king in your life.
May God help us! ❤️