Hello dear friends 👋🏻
Sharing my heartfelt THANKS to all of my amazing readers out there, who have taken out time to stop by and go through my posts.
A BIG THANK YOU for keeping up with me and also encouraging me with such sweet and wonderful comments❤️ It truly means a lot to me. 💐💐
And now, to begin with today’s post:
The last post was about the 5 Gates where a child of God should not be found. You can check it out here. Well, today I want to tell you about some of the Gates where we should be found. So, here you go:
1. Strait Gate — This Gate leads into a narrow path and those choosing to go through this path will find Jesus at the end of this road.
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.Matthew 7:14
It is not easy to walk through a narrow road. Jesus walked through a narrow road during His time on earth. I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too are to love one another. John 13:34. As Jesus loved us we should love one another and through this we can be sure that we are walking on the narrow path.
2. Tent Door – Abraham was found sitting at the tent door when God and two angels came to visit him.
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; Genesis 18:1
Sitting at the tent door spiritually refers to living a life of faith. The Rechabites, a tribe of people living during the days of Jeremiah the prophet, had a law that they would always live in tents wherever they may pitch their tents. Jeremiah 35:7. Jacob was a plain man living in tents because he had the habit of listening to his mom; she used to advise him. This refers to being in the Presence of God and listening to Him.
3. Within the Gates of Jerusalem and Zion – The Gates of both these places are always open. People whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and anointed by the Spirit, can only dwell here.
Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem. Psalms 122:2
The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob. Psalms 87:2
Our feet should be abiding within the gates of Jerusalem and Zion because the Lord loves both these places. Let us have the desire to be where God is.
4. Gate of the Lord – Jacob saw this Gate in a dream when he was running away from his house to Laban’s (his uncle) house.
This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.Psalms 118:20
And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it. Genesis 28:17-18
That night while sleeping, Jacob had placed a stone on his head as a pillow. In the morning, he made the stone to stand and poured oil over it.
5. Gate of Heaven – Later on, after 20 years while returning from his uncle’s house, Jacob comes back to the same place and set up a pillar in the same place as the stone was made to stand. Then he poured oil and drink offering upon it.
And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon.Genesis 35:14
The ladder on which he saw the angels go up and down refers to a life of prayer. Having a life of watching and praying will enable us to stand before the Son of man.
May God help us!