And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalms 1:3
God’s individual desire concerning each of us is to be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. Rivers referring to the Characters of Jesus (John 7:38) and water referring to His love. Such a tree is capable of producing fruit in its season and the leaves of which are fresh and vibrant.
There are 5 wonderful experiences this tree enjoys being on the sides of the water brook.
For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:8
1. Spreadeth her roots by the river – Roots refer to the desires in the heart of a person. This needs to go deep into the river and the deeper the better because then Christ’s character will be revealed in us. We need to be rooted and grounded in the length, breadth, height and depth of His love Ephesians 3:17.
2. And shall not see when heat cometh – Heat refers to the trials and afflictions in a child of God’s life. By being planted by the rivers of water, our vision will be clear because the eyes are on Jesus. Peter desired to walk with Jesus on the water. He stepped out by faith looking at Jesus only. Suddenly the winds blew and his eyes turned away from Him. That’s when he began drowning. Mathew 14:29,30.
3. Her leaf shall be green – A personal relationship with Jesus will always keep us fresh and green – a cheerful/joyful life. Always rejoicing in the Lord.
4. Shall not be careful in the year of drought – Even when there is no water, this tree refuses to worry at all because deep down the roots are able to get water. For eg. Apostle John was not at all worried about the dry state in the isle of Patmos. He enjoyed his alone time with God. Make your requests known unto God through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving.
5. Neither shall cease from yielding fruit – When we abide in Jesus and He in us we are able to bring forth much fruit. John 15:4.
Be blessed 💕