I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalms 16:8
Those who waited patiently upon the Lord have only been strengthened by Him! Their faces were never put to shame. When God promises something, He fulfils it as well because great is His faithfulness towards man! The psalmist says :
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalms 27:14
Moving on, let’s now look at the Blessings That Await Those Who Set The Lord Before Them —
1. They will never be moved – Psalms 16:8. Already mentioned in our key verse. No matter what situation or problem or trouble may creep up, those who have set the Lord before them always, will never be moved.
2. They will be at Rest – At one point during the journey of the Israelites, we see the Lord speaking with Moses face to face, just as a friend speaks with his friend. During the conversation, Moses says – Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. Exodus 33:13. The Lord assures Moses that His presence would go with them a and give them Rest! Praise God!
The Lord is promising you Rest from your burdens, enemies, sorrows and struggles, TODAY! Believe and Receive! ✨
3. They will walk on the Sea – Peter believed and stepped out of the boat by faith. He saw his Master before him and wished to walk on the waters just like Him! Well, his desire was granted and Jesus said – Come! Peter did take a few steps on the water, but the moment his eyes turned away from Jesus, he began drowning. Sea refers to the world, cares of this life and everything associated with it.
4. They will run the race – The Christian lifestyle is compared with running a race. All those who have taken Jesus as their personal Saviour, are already running this marathon race called Life, wherein, in the end they will be rewarded. However, remember — we are not alone because our Saviour is there along with us to help us run faithfully till the end.
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1.
5. They will build and dwell – Moses was faithful in the house of God, but only as a ministering servant. He worked diligently and did everything that the Lord asked him to. Hebrews 3:2. However Jesus was faithful as a Son over His Father’s house – whose house we are! Hebrews 3:6.
A son has more right to his father’s house than a servant. We are the house of God. Therefore, if we hold fast our confidence and rejoicing in Him by keeping Him before us, we sure can build and dwell in our Father’s house! May the Lord help us! ❤️