The deep meaning of the Cross of Christ is that there is no suffering on earth that is not borne by God – Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
This quote in a few words sums up the essence of what I want to share with you. You see, the most common fact is there is no one living on this earth who enjoys an absolute easy life – no pain or trouble whatsoever. We know the poor go through pain every other day because of lack and in affordability🤷🏻♀️; nonetheless even the privileged ones, no matter how rich they may be, also go through that one painful thing which pins them down, some way or the other.
Having said that, even after being God’s children, we may still be suffering (in spirit, soul and body) from the day we met Christ. But during this time we should count our sufferings as light affliction which is but for a moment. That’s what St.Paul taught us through the pain he went. He lists them all in 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 and calls them light affliction. During our times of pain, we must rejoice in the fact that we are suffering it all for Jesus. Yet, in this one thing most of us do often fail, being overwhelmed by the situation.
THERE ARE 5 TRUTHS ABOUT CHRISTIAN SUFFERING:
1. We have been called by Him to suffer. 1 Peter 2:21. Just as Christ suffered for us and set an example, we need to also follow His step. God has called us in His love and with that understanding we must suffer for Him.
2. This suffering has been given to us. Philippians 1:29. He has not only called us, but this suffering has been given to us on His behalf. When Jesus said My peace I give unto you, He also said, In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33. Without carrying one’s own Cross no one can call himself a Christian.
3. We have been appointed to suffer. 1 Thessalonians 3:3. Like an appointment letter is handed to someone who has passed an interview,similarly, we have been given one by the Heavenly Government. So let’s not be discouraged when sufferings come.
4. Those who desire to live godly will suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12. Right from our small age we have been taught to live a god-fearing life. And to such people Word of God says, they will have to go through suffering. But don’t be afraid when you through it.
5. It is God’s will that you and I suffer. 1 Peter 3:17. When Jesus was going through the agony of death on the Cross, Scripture says, It pleased the Lord to bruise His own Son. Isaiah 53:10. On the Cross He cried …saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matthew 27:46. Even then Jesus bore it joyfully because He thought of us while hanging between heaven and earth. May God help us.
Be blessed 💕