Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight… Hebrews 12:1
1. In the New Testament, every Spirit baptised child of God is a witness. Hebrews 11 mentions about the heroes of faith referred to as “cloud of witnesses.” Those seeing us should find Jesus in us. That is being a witness.
2. The cloud when taken as it is, has no mass/weight – it doesn’t have anything to be proud of. That is why St. Paul is urging us to remove every weight. Being weightless helps us to run our race better.
3. The mighty Angel coming down from heaven was clothed with a cloud – Revelation 10:1. We should be clouds that can clothe others.
4. When clouds full of moisture clash with each other, they bring rain upon the earth. The Nature looks fresh, bright and green after it has rained. Let’s be those who refresh others through works and words.
5. The clouds are found in high places. We are made to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Set your affections on things above and not on the things of the earth. Refrain from being earthly minded.
6. The clouds are the dust of His feet – Nahum 1:3. Being at Jesus’ feet is a blessed place to be! But, no one likes dust. There is no significance or respect for the dust. Abraham compared himself with dust when chatting with God. Yet God remembers the dust – Psalms 103:14. We are made of dust. God remembers us.
7. Thick clouds are God’s pavilion – 2 Samuel 22:12. A pavilion is reserved for the vips’. It has a resting place as well. God wants us to be such clouds who give rest to God. We are the temple of God. He rests in His temple.
8. The clouds are full of water/moisture. Water refers to Love. The more the water, the more it is able to accommodate. Put on Love which is the bond of perfectness – Colossians 3:14. He puts His love in us, so that we become showers of blessing for others – Ezekiel 34:26
9. The Lord went before the Israelites as a pillar of cloud – Exodus 13:21. He looked at the Egyptians through the cloud. Without us the Lord can’t destroy the enemy. So let’s be an instrument in His hands to destroy the works of the enemy.
10. God wants us to have strong faith so that we become pillars. He who is an overcomer is a pillar in the House of God. The heroes of faith were pillars of faith too.
11. Mathew 17:5 – Voice out of the cloud – When we become a cloud, God will speak through us and exhort the church. The glory of God is revealed through us.
12. God sets His bow in the cloud. Genesis 9:13,16. The bow refers to His token of covenant. The rainbow has 7 colours in it – VIBGYOR. Each colour stands for each character of Christ – Colossians 3:12,13.