Living correctly helps maintain a consistent relationship with God.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind as a Christian, daily.
- Train your mind and heart to focus on things that are right. Never wrong anyone when it’s in your power to do right. Always be right.
- A righteous person does the will of God. He lives on God’s word, not his own philosophies or thinking.
- Being truthful and honest brings favour from God. If your heart is rooted in Gods Word, you will always speak the truth. Truth brings freedom.
- Tame your tongue. Never speak against anyone, gossip or backbite. Get your heart right.
- Love your neighbours. Live in peace and quietness.
- Hate evil, and separate from those you cannot correct or draw to good.
- Honour those who fear the lord. Perfect unity is found in Jesus alone.
- Keep your word. It’s the least you can do.
- Do not take interest from your brother (in Christ).
- Never take bribes.
Simple rules for life for all believers. Practice and perfect the goodness of God.
“Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.” Psalms 15:1-5