And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Luke 24:49
In the previous post, we learnt about the first part of the names of the New Jerusalem City. You can find it here. Now moving onto the second part of the same topic.
- City of Solemnities — New Jerusalem City is called city of solemnities because it is a place of rejoicing. The inhabitants of the land, celebrate their appointed feasts there. Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken. Isaiah 33:20. Zion and New Jerusalem are one, meaning Zion is the capital of New Jerusalem. However, in the New Testament period, every saint should always be found rejoicing in the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 5:16.
- A Quiet Habitation — New Jerusalem City is a quiet or undisturbed habitation, a safe place to live in. It will be like a tent which will not be folded, it’s stakes will never be pulled up, nor any of its ropes be torn apart. Why? Because it is a city of peace and rest and the dwelling place of King of Salem (peace) as well. In Mathew 11:28,29, Jesus gives a open call to the people — Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- Salem — Salem refers to peace. New Jerusalem City is a city of peace. And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. Genesis 14:18. In his letter to Timothy, St.Paul exhorts the believers at Ephesus to offer supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving for all people, specially for the kings and people in authority, so that they may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty. 1 Timothy 2:1,2.
- Holy City — New Jerusalem City is a holy city because inside this city nothing unclean, nor anyone who practices abomination and lying, can enter in. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Revelation 21:10.
- Throne — New Jerusalem City is a place where the throne of God is. At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. Jeremiah 3:17. Only the overcomers can inherit this throne. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 3:21.
Be blessed! 💕