Did you know that there are 10 aspects or rather 10 parts in our Spirit?
Let’s see what they are:
1. Mind – [1 Corinthians 2:16] – Mind is the component of the spirit.
2. Will – [John 6:38] – Refers to the mental faculty through which someone chooses/determines to do something.
3. Knowledge – [1 Corinthians 2:12] – The state of knowing something .
4. Understanding – [Job 32:8] – refers to the knowledge someone has of a specific subject/situation.
5. Thoughts – [Genesis 6:5] – The mental activity of thinking.
6. Memory – [Proverbs 10:7] – The means by which we draw on our past experiences in order to use this information in the present.
7. Imagination – [2 Corinthians 10:5] – The part of the mind which is able to create mental pictures.
8. Seeking – [Isaiah 26:9] – To search for something in order to obtain it.
9. Meditation – [Psalms 77:12] – To reflect or ponder over.
10. Remembrance – [Psalms 77:11] – To be able to bring into one’s mind an awareness of something in the past.
Dear child of God, King David prays in Psalms 51:10 – Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
From this post we understand that in order to have a right spirit before God, all these 10 aspects of our spirit need to be clean.
Therefore, let’s surrender our mind to Jesus so that He May cleanse and sanctify it with His Blood, Word and Spirit and help us stand before Him.